Wednesday, February 7, 2007

cooking rice

First I took 2 & 3/4 cups of rice from the rice container and placed it in a pot with cold water. I rinsed the rice a couple of times until the water was clear. Then I took some ginger and minced it into tiny pieces and added it to the rice in the pot. Then I took some water and added it into the pot with the rice and ginger. I then placed the pot with water, rice and ginger on the stove and turned the stove on high. After everything was ont eh stove and slowly cooking, I placed the lid on top so that the rice would cook faster. As the pot slowly started to heat up and cook the rice, I noticed there was some steam coming out of the pot. I took the top off and saw foam on top of the rice. The foam was from the rice and water cooking and the rice absorbing the water into it. When I first lift the top off the pot, a whole cloud of steam hit me in the face. It was very hot. Also when I took the lid off, I was able to smell the ginger that I had added in the rice. Then I put the lid back on the pot so the rice could finish cooking and be ready to eat.

No comments: